
Before Granny's passing, my brother Greg came out from Indiana to spend time with her. On one of her "alert" days, we took her out to the beautiful gardens just outside her room at the nursing home and spent a couple of hours with her there. She loved the feeling of the sun on her skin and the wind in her hair. It was one of those most special and most magical days to be remembered always. She may have not remembered our names, but she knew who we were and she told us she loved us many times. It was truly priceless. I am so very thankful for that time we had. These photos were taken a couple weeks ago.
1 comment:
My Granny always called me "Gregory Scott" and just by saying my name I felt special. She and my Pappa always had time for us grandkids. They would take the boys one week and the girls the next. And somehow I was lucky enough to get to go to there house by myself. Where they would spoil me and make me feel so loved. We had a love for games, cribbage being our favorite, that was our bond. We would spend hours having cribbage tournaments with the winner getting a lottery ticket. My Pappa taught me how to play chess when I was maybe in second grade. We also played dice, hearts, spades, yahtzee and donimos just to name a few. I'm so grateful that there wasn't Nintendo games back then that might have taken away the joy of playing simple games. When we were sick my Granny always made us hot toddies and packed us in some sort of mustard pack that smelled awful. My Granny will be missed but I am so blessed to have such good memories of her. The day that Melanie and I spent in the garden with her was truly a day blessed from above. She looked around,smelled the flowers, and commented about how good her life was.
Post a Comment